- What is CASweb?
- Free websites for advice organisations or community groups
- Your questions answered
- Contact us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Useful Links
CASweb is the gateway to community advice online. It's a one-stop portal where users can find and share advice. Funding from the ODPM enabled the London Central Partnership to develop CASweb.
CASweb provides the advice sector with a new way to communicate, giving organisations and community groups the right tools to create a web presence. It gives the great benefit of making interaction with local authorities, other advice organisations and users easy with the chance to get your message across in an interactive way.
CASweb is a free service saving the thousands of pounds that it costs to set up and maintain a website.
The website's applications will allow you to:
- announce news and activities
- update and maintain information on the services you provide including opening times and contact details
- facilitate discussion forums with users and/or members
- conduct online surveys and polls that only your users and members can access
- publish documents such as leaflets, annual reports, press releases, forms and fact sheets.
CASweb is three-way communication between:
- advice organisations or community groups and their users;
- one advice organization or community group to another;
- advice organisations, community groups and local authorities.
Advice organisations or community groups based in, or working with residents in, any of the five London boroughs of Camden, Islington, Kensington and Chelsea, Westminster and Corporation of London can use CASweb.
Access is through any internet-enabled computer at home or in public places, such as a library or internet cafe.
If you don't have a computer but want to buy a good-value recycled one (refurbished, internet-ready computers can start for as little as £150) contact PC Disposals Ltd. (working in partnership with Camden Council) via its website at www.pcdisposals.com or telephone company on 01923 233923 and quote "Camden". For more information on the scheme, go to www.camden.gov.uk/pcrecycling/.
I'm interested but am I eligible?To become a member of CASweb your organisation must:
- be a 'constituted not for profit' advice organisation or community group
- be within the catchment area for CASweb spanning the London boroughs of Camden, Islington, Westminster, Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea and the Corporation of London
work with residents in any of these boroughs, and
- not contravene our Terms & Conditions in any way.
*Each borough may have additional eligibility criteria
I'm eligible, what should I be aware of?
- Your organisation must agree to the terms and conditions of use before applying online.
- Your local authority will receive your request.
- One of the boroughs will take responsibility if your organisation is not from the catchment area.
- An email will tell you if you meet the criteria.
Who is CASweb?
Casweb is run in partnership with:
- the London Central Partnership (members are London Boroughs of Camden, Islington, Kensington & Chelsea, Westminster and the Corporation of London)
- the GLA (Greater London Authority)
- LVSC (London Voluntary Services Council)
If you have any queries, comments or feedback please contact:
Phone: 020 7974 5677
City of London
PO Box 270 Guildhall,London,EC2P 2EJ
020 7332 3224
City of Westminster
Voluntary Sector Unit 4th Floor Westminster City Hall 64 Victoria Street ,London,SW1E 6QP
0207 641 5921
London Borough of Camden
3-5 Cressy Road,London,NW3 2ND
020 7974 5677
London Borough of Islington
Contact Islington,Municipal Offices, 222 Upper Street ,London,N1 1XR
020 7527 1917
Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea
The Town Hall, Room 250, Hornton Street, London, W8 7NX
020 7361 2239